“Personal Information” can be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you.
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
THE SITE COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information when you:
• make a donation;
• post your story and content on the Site;
• submit a volunteer form;
• otherwise use the Site; and
• communicate with us.
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Site.
Using the Site. We collect information you provide through the Site. For example, when you sign up for emails from us, share information or content on the Site, and submit a volunteer form, the Site will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information.
Making a Donation. When you make a donation through the Site, you may need to provide financial account information, such as your credit card number, to our third-party service providers. We do not collect or store such information, though we may receive summary information about transactions that does not include credit card or bank account numbers, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and any comments or notes you submit.
Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support team.
Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies. The Site collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. When we associate such information with Personal Information, we will treat the combination as Personal Information.
When you use the Site or receive emails from us, we and our third-party partners, such as analytics providers, use “cookies”, “web beacons” and other similar technologies to collect information about how the Site or email is accessed. We collect at least the following: your domain name and host for Internet access; the Internet address of the site from which you came; the date and time of your access; your computer’s IP address and information about its operating system, browser and host; the date and time you access the Site and the pages you visit. Our partners also may collect information about your online activities over time and on other websites or apps. When they provide such services, they are governed by their own privacy policies. You may be able to change browser settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Site through a web browser. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
By using the Site, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless against any failure by you to comply with this paragraph.
HOW HTF USES YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to:
• In general, we use personal information we collect to pursue our mission and operations and to engage in the activity (and related activities) for which we collect it. Specifically, we may use your personal information to:
• to fulfill our obligations to you and to respond to any questions or requests;
• to contact you about material changes in our site terms or policies;
• to comply with the law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the requirements of law or to comply with legal process served on us;
• to provide to third parties as a result of any reorganization process;
• if you sign up for a blog, feed or newsletter, we may put you on our mailing list or even the list of a third party who we think has a similar mission.
• if you apply for a job, we’ll use the information to find out about you and share it with service providers and others we view as relevant to the employment process.
• Further information is available in the supplemental policies for some activities, but you should assume that we will use all information for all lawful purposes. Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to make all lawful, worldwide uses of personal information, including without limitation, to: collect, use, access (or bar access), process, fulfill, disclose, display, share, respond to legal process or otherwise exercise our rights under applicable law, transfer, store, verify, enforce, delete, and otherwise deal with personal information, and information other than personal information (collectively “Disclose”).
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the Site. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve any of our services.
Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us for informational and operational purposes, such as customer service, system maintenance, and other Site-related information.
Marketing. We may use information, including Personal Information, to email you information we think may be useful or relevant to you. For example, we may email you if you sign up for our emails or when you make a donation through the Site.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize or aggregate data collected through the Site and use it for any purpose.
HTF MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information:
• with our third-party vendors and service providers;
• with partner organizations when we jointly sponsor activity on the Site;
• to comply with legal obligations;
• to protect and defend our rights and property; and
• with your permission.
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers we use to help us provide the Site.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
Legal and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of HTF assets, or transition of service to another provider, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. We cannot control how such entities may use or disclose such information.
With Your Permission. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have collected it.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at [email protected]. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
Human Thread Foundation
75 Pelican Way
San Rafael CA 94901
Our address for legal notices:
Catherine E. Livingston
51 Louisiana Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001-2113
Effective Date: November 1, 2017